Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Day 11- Wednesday 7/20

Today I had some time at the end of the day so I decided to write my blog!  This morning, I wrote my blog for Tuesday/Day 10 but it didn't save.  So, I had to start all over and I was very upset.  Then, I had the meeting where Bob told us we'd be going on a field trip the day I wasn't here, which also made me sad.  We visited Alex's lab next, which was very interesting.

Once back to the lab, we finished the video.  I can say no more on the subject, sorry!  We also talked to Glenn (a student in our lab) about our word search data and the program he wrote.  We applied it to Karen's video, but I don't know what happened with it after he started it.

Next, we went down to the entrepreneur movie.  I didn't understand a lot of it, but I listened the whole time wondering why the imaging science department would want to play an entrepreneurship movie!

After that, Prati, Elaine, Kelsey and I went for a little walk just to get away from it all for a moment- I certainly needed a breather!  We took a few pictures, which I will eventually, hopefully put on the blog.  It was lots of fun.

When we got back, Prati and I tried to burn another piece of paper with a different lens, but we were unsuccessful :(  When we got back inside, we worked on making the video compatible with the SMI (eye tracking computer thingy), did one slide on our end-of-summer powerpoint (Macs are evil), and worked on our after survey.  One memorable highlight was when Andy gave us a consent form to participate in one of his studies (Mom, I know you're reading this- if I forget to have you sign this, please remind me!! Thanks, you're the best!).  Prati started reading it in a weird voice because she does that when she needs help focusing, and Jeff and Glenn just stopped talking and gave her a very weird look! We had the giggles pretty much the whole afternoon, it was very entertaining!

Now, I'm writing this blog until I go home at approximately 5. Tomorrow morning I will probably read an article from Karen for the lab meeting...it's really long!  Then, we will probably continue on everything we started today! Good times :)

No comments:

Post a Comment