Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Day 20- Tuesday 8/2

This morning, I got here at about 7 so I could try to make up some time from my Illinois trip and catch up before the day really started.  Since I got home last night at 11:30 and got up this morning at 5:30 to be here, I was very tired!  Anyway, I caught up on my blog, checked my e-mail, and worked on the reading for the lab meeting today.  Super fun!  At about 8, some other interns showed up and they played Queen from YouTube while we worked.  It was really fun because we were all singing along!

At the morning meeting, we just talked with Joe about the presentations on 8/25.  I'm a little nervous about that!

After the meeting, Prati read the article while I did some Yarbus for the driving videos.  When we were done, we went over to the KIDS lab to work on analyzing our data on the SMI.  Jeff came in and talked about putting a picture-in-picture of the eye on the SMI video with Hari and Sai (that's way beyond our scope of knowledge!).  We also took a little walk to get some food because we were very hungry and tired.  We needed to wake up! Once back, we worked on our powerpoint.


Next, we went to lunch.  I went with my dad because we had no food at home after our little trip (we like to clean out the fridge and such)!  So, we went to the Student Union as usual, and I got some soup and a salad.  It was very yummy!


After lunch, we worked on the powerpoint some more until the lab meeting.  The lab meeting was in another building this time.  It was kind of hard to focus because I was so tired, but I did learn some things about statistics, such as what an ANOVA is (I think that's how it's spelled).  After the long lab meeting, it was about 4.  Prati left at 4:30, so I continued to work on our powerpoint.  I'm trying to  use some of the things we learned from the movie we watched last Wednesday called Presentation Zen.  I think it's really going to make our powerpoint look good and make us sound good!


At 6, I finally went home and went to bed as quickly as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment